Our Development Office in Malawi leads projects and provides assistance to the people through specific projects, programs and grants. Determined to Develop supports initiatives in Malawi in the following areas:
- Education – grants for school fees and support to local schools for the purchase of textbooks, learning materials and meals
- Women’s Empowerment – micro credit assistance specifically to widows who are raising orphans in order that they might provide for themselves and be able to stand on their own two feet
- Orphans – support to local orphan populations through meals and educational opportunities as well as orphanages
- Hunger – assistance with a feeding program that goes into the villages to, many times, provide the one meal a child will get for a few days
- Adult Literacy – improving literacy rates that are below 40% in women through literacy classes. The empowerment of teaching a widow the alphabet and to sign her name opens doors for her economic security of her family into the future.
- The effects of the HIV / AIDS epidemic – assistance with education initiatives and the results of the epidemic
- The effects of malaria and other diseases – includes the purchase and distribution of mosquito bed nets to the very young and very old, the most vulnerable populations in regard to malaria
The list is long but it should not be mistaken for a lack of focus. Instead, Determined to Develop, with your help, attempts to lift those who are embedded in the most extreme poverty on Earth. We help people get their foot on the bottom rung of the ladder where they cannot reach so that they can climb up themselves.